Sunday, April 26, 2009

Full circle

As most of you know, I have a second job. When I am not working as an ER doctor, I am working as a bar wench. When I am working a brewery tour, washing my 33485th sample glass for the evening, I do, at times, wonder if anyone knows how completely over-educated their dishwasher is. 

Well, last night, the answer was yes. As I was walking the tasting room, looking for empties before Omar kicked off the tour, a 20-something guys says "Hey, are you a doctor?" "Uhm... yes I am..." He they inquires 'You work at North Memorial, right?" 

This is when I give him the "Ok... now you are freaking me out a bit..." look. He points to the reasonably fresh scar on the bridge of his nose and says "I KNEW it! Honey, this is the doctor who sewed up my face last month!" I later recalled that he was the guy who fell on is face when the guy who was giving him a 2am piggy-back ride tripped and sent him face first to the ground. It was only when it was STILL a gaping wound the next morning that he thought maybe it needed medical attention.

Later in the tour, he had his gal take a picture of the two of us, and if he is true to his word, I am now on his Facebook page as the Coolest Doctor Ever.

Now, this may come as a surprise, but apparently his injury involved alcohol. I know, I know, the story didn't give that away AT ALL. As one of the volunteers put it after he heard the story, "Wow, that's really putting the ER back in BEER...." Our family really brings it full circle...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are the coolest Dr. in the hood.

Ok, I guess we need to give props to Dr. B, because if she read this she might be upset, but she is a vagina Dr. and she holds a coolness all to herself.

So to you, the super smart Dr./beer wench...so cool.

I would hold a bloody limb and beer up with you anytime.