Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Haven't I done this before?

Last time I checked, I had been pregnant in the past.

This isn't the first time this bod had gone through the growing, stretching, and tugging of making room for a little creature that will adoringly be called son or daughter in 2 months. I even packed the double punch last time around, delivering a combined 13lb 4oz of baby.

So why do my abdominal muscles feel like they are being pulled apart by the jaws of life?? The 2 inches above my belly button have to be manually pushed back together a few times a day in a moment of pure delight that worries everyone around me... ("uh, what is the pregnant woman doing, and should we call an ambulance?"). Unfortunately my hands must inevitably move on to other tasks, and the stretch goes on.

This kid can't possibly be bigger than, what, 4-5 lbs right now? I mean, I have 2 more months to go! The stretch marks are becoming just plain vicious and will soon reach my chin.... ah, the joy of motherhood...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just the war scars of pregnancy for you to carry around just so when the going gets tough at 18 you can look down and remember the joyous days of when they didn't speak.