Saturday, July 12, 2008

Alone again

Warning: Whining alert, whining alert. The following message is full of belly-aching and self pity. Proceed at your own risk.

Well, they are all gone. Dorit took the kids to the cabin last night, Omar and Naseem just hit the road to follow... I work 3-11 today, then again 12-12 tomorrow. Won't even see my gang tomorrow after they get home. Then work 7pm-3am Monday. Won't really see Omar again until Tuesday night. This is coming off of working 4 of the last 5 days, with my "day off" yesterday being after an overnight shift - i.e. sleeping.

This schedule of mine can sure suck rocks. Yeah, I can go and have a quiet brunch with a book today (which I love, don't get me wrong), but I would rather be at the cabin. I want to be with my family. And that just isn't gonna happen... doesn't happen EVERY OTHER weekend. I guess this is what happens when you choose your career path when single and childless. I "knew" what my schedule would be, but not really. Not in the grand scheme of things. Oh well... there is always next weekend.

1 comment:

yobruno said...

*you're* bummed? we're not even going to get to your cabin once this summer! all i'm saying is you'd better not be pregnant again next labor day, lady. :) but seriously, i hope you have some r&r cabin time before the next wee ansari arrives. we miss you guys and can't wait to hear when he/she emerges! xoxox, kristen