Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What just happened???

Disclaimer: my apologies to anyone who is checking my blog out for the first time since I mentioned it in the Christmas card. If you look through the archives, I don't usually spend this much time on the discussion of bodily functions....

Ok, I don't think of my house as a filthy house. We aren't a dirty, dirty people. But the degree of pestilence that we have endured this winter has been really remarkable. This is how my evening went the night before last:

11:00pm - Calvin presents himself to my mother in the guest room, covered in vomit.
11:05 - Change Cal's bed and shower him.
11:10-12:00 - Run to his room for repeat episodes
1:30 - Omar falls to the same plague
1:40 - Spencer falls to the same plague. Start 2nd load of laundry
2:30 - Max reports he can't sleep, then proceeds to hurl on our bedroom carpet and bathroom floor.
2:40 - Using carpet cleaner. at 2:40??? Seriously??
3:00 - My mother succumbs to shaking chills.

Did I note that this was the last night of "vacation," and all the kids were to return to their respective corners of the world the next day? Instead, I had Omar, Cal, Spence, Max and my mother all unable to maintain a vertical position for most of the day. We sent Leo to daycare for the pure value of quarantine. I then went to work from 7pm to 3am.

I am happy to report that 4 of 5 have rebounded today. I have to think this was some sort of food poisoning, but from what? I think I am going to institute a new Purell body soak at the beginning and end of each day for my family. That would work great in the hot tub, right?

No comments: