Wednesday, January 27, 2010

We will miss you, girl

Part of owning a pet is the knowledge that some day you will have to say goodbye. That doesn't make it any easier. We knew Dulsi had arthritis for quite some time. But recently she went blind suddenly, and it became clear that despite eye medicine she was having quite a bit of pain.

This morning we have said goodbye to one of the sweetest, most tolerant and loving dogs. I have had Dulsi longer than Omar, kids, MD, house, career or really anything else that currently defines my life. She has been there for it all.

As I sit at home now, it is so very quiet. Bye sweet girl. We loved you so much.





Baby Max
Baby Leo

2 comments:

Julie Coleman, Freelance Editor said...

Oh, Becca, I am so, so sorry to hear about Dulsi! She was such a sweet dog, and we loved spending time with her. I'm sure it won't feel the same around your house without her there. Tomkin, Chloe, and I send lots of big hugs to you all.

Rev. Tomkin Coleman said...

Ah, I'm so sorry!

Great, great dog...it's so tough...

Thinking about you all...

-Tomkin