Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Let the hooliganism begin

Well, we are in the third week of kindergarten, and I am proud to announce that my first born was sent to the principal's office.

He is not even 6 years old.

The crime? Food fight.

Now, after hearing that my neighbor got the best comic relief of his day after hearing about our son's current issues, I am trying to take it in stride. I started the process by asking Max how his day was (after fielding the call from his teacher 10 minutes earlier). I have to give the kid props for at least telling me immediately what had happened, without me prompting him. If the 5 year old's story is to be believed, he and his buddy from pre-K were apparently throwing "one little chip" back and forth. It certainly beats the mental image I had of pudding and chocolate milk splattering all over the cafeteria. Something tells me the truth is somewhere in between.

He will have to pay his due by having no movies or computer time this week. He also made a card of apology to his teachers. There was some talk of the school taking away some recess time, but it appears that hasn't come to pass, and he and his buddy will simply be separated for the next few days.

So, this is the only time this will happen, right? My beautiful boy who really isn't a trouble maker has learned his lesson, right? ... how many boys do I have...?

1 comment:

Julie Coleman, Freelance Editor said...

Do we see a future Bluto in our midst? ("What am I? A zit!") Just wait until those boys start having food fights at the dinner table.... :-)