Sunday, October 25, 2009

Silence

If there is one thing I don't get a lot of around here, it's quiet. In fact, I have been known to yell "SILENCE!!" more than once when I appear to be the only one bothered by 4 voices all chattering at me at the same time.

We also have a slight acoustics problem in the new house. The room in which we spend the majority of our time has wood floors, high ceilings and no curtains. You can literally hear the noise reverberate at times. In discussing remodeling, I have considered shag carpet and acoustic tile. Is that wrong from a style standpoint?

So yesterday, as Omar was still fully buried at work with the preparations for Darkness Day, I was on my own with The Monkeys. Thus, I was sitting at the Caribou drive-thru. We were heading to the Meadowbrook school Fall Festival, and I needed fortitude.

Then it happened. Silence. All 4 boys were completely quiet, as was I. The radio happened to be off. It was divine. After ~ 12 seconds...

Spencer: "COME ON GUYS! SOMEBODY SAY SOMETHING!!"

Apparently the trait I am fostering the most fully in my boys is a fear of silence. Awesome.

No comments: