Sunday, October 11, 2009

boys....

So there I am, remembering to film the boys in a precious moment of childhood. I usually either fail to even think of shooting some film, or I don't take the time to grab the video at the right time. I already look at the few videos I managed to take of baby Max, many of which are the grainy, cruddy camera-pretending-to-be-video version. I still wish there were more of those cruddy little clips.

Thus... Spencer and Leo were in the tub. They were having a moment of brotherly love, splashing and giggling. I yell to Omar to bring the video camera. Let the film roll.

Beautiful moment. Lots of splashing. Lots of giggling. I zoom in to get Leo's baby face smiling. Water flying all over the place, Leo's mouth wide open, eyes blinking rapidly.

Pan out. Spencer is now standing in the tub, moving in front of his little brother, flexing the biceps, making a face of "the bad guy" and trying to steal the show. Hilarious little moment of a small boy trying to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Then, he starts in with the Penis Dance. I really should attach the video... but I can't bring myself to do it...Too much jumping, too much jesticulating, too much thrilled joy with the 4-year-old body that is fully inappropriate at our advanced years. Too much risk that my site will be tagged as some sicko site. Really, when all was said and done, just Too much. Of course the soundtrack to this is a blend of giggling and horror of my own. "Spencer... ok... buddy... let's stop..."

And.... cut.

No comments: