Sunday, September 27, 2009

Max

7 years and 2 days ago, we didn't have any children. Omar and I could go to any restaurant at any time. We could sleep in on the weekends and go for long walks with the dogs whenever we wanted to.

And then, 7 years and 1 day ago, our lives changed forever. Changed endlessly for the better. I awoke at 6am, irritated that I was going to start my 4th day as an overdue preggers chick. Irritated that I was going to have to go to my weekly residency conference that started at 7am. But then, with one swift kick, my water broke, and it became clear that this was the day.

Max, you are an amazing young man. You continue to be kind, loving and generous to your friends and your family. You break my heart every day with the adoration you show for Leo. You climb into his crib every morning so you can sit with him and make him giggle. Your spent 3 hours working on a birthday Lego yesterday - showing a focus that only a 7 year old could show. We love you so much, Small Guy, Small Fry. You brought such joy into our life 7 years ago, and it has only grown each day.


Happy Birthday, my son.


And the Vikes gave him a nice birthday gift as well. Go Favre!

No comments: