Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Obe Benoki One

I would never have allowed my first born to watch Star Wars at the age of 3. Not only would I have considered the sword fights and explosions inappropriate, but Max would have been frightened by the entire experience.

Not true the second (and third) time around.

I have realized I could not surgically extract sword and gun play from young boys if I tried. And I have tried. My efforts have been completely moot with Max... Anything that is slightly straight and fits in the hand is turned into a "shooter" and sticks at the park are only fun if they are banging the crap out of something.

So, we purchased Star Wars, and it has been a smashing hit with all. Here are some things I have learned from my sons:
  • Darth Vader is scary
  • Jaba the Hut is slimy (yes, Jaba appears in Star Wars in the new edition)
  • Blue lightsabers are good
  • Garbage snakes are cool

And the latest conversation between a 5 year old and his 2 three year old brothers:

Spencer: "Bad guys are scary"

Calvin: "No, Bad guys are bad"

Spencer: "Oh"

Max: "And they are guys"

Spencer: "yeah"

No comments: