Friday, June 13, 2008

How did this happen

Many months ago, I put in my work schedule requests for the month of June. My only real request of any significance was to have the weekend of Carleton Reunion off. I have eagerly been awaiting seeing friends I haven't seen in 5 years or more, had things worked out with Omar and the kids. My room is booked, my registration fee paid. My mom had wanted to come visit, but I told her that weekend wasn't an option....

So today I called my friend Julie, who is carpooling with me down to Northfield. The conversation went a little like this:

Me: Hey Jules, what are your thoughts.
J: .... uhm, not much...
Me: I mean, when do you want to head down?
J: Oh, for a minute I thought you meant today!
Me: I do mean today.
J: Uhm.... Reunion is next weekend.
Me: (with much pity in my voice) No Julie, it's this weekend.
J: Let me check online.... no, it's next weekend.

In this micromanaged life of mine, with no free moments that aren't planned or filled to the hilt, I am thouroughly lost as to how this could have happened and what to do about it!!! Good god...

1 comment:

Jules said...

Oh, dear.... Well, I hope you got in a good nap on Friday and enjoyed some fun family time with your unexpectedly free weekend! :-)