Friday, July 23, 2010

Why?

Why would you sign up for a race that you have already won?

What an idiot I am. Here comes the Chisago Triathlon this weekend, the one I took first place in last year (as an ATHENA!...). Now, I'm all sweaty palmed about the race, wondering if I am going to repeat my previous glory or go down in pathetic 8th or 29th-place flames.

How does that old phrase go? "Quit while you are on top" or "No place to go but down?" And my training has been... fine? I haven't really been following a "plan," per se. I have just gone out there many times a week and worked out. When I was sick of running, I biked. When I was sick of biking, I swam.

Well. Wish me luck. I hope I don't curse profoundly when I look at the winner board. But hey, at least if I completely stink up the joint, there is no place to up but up...

1 comment:

Julie Coleman, Freelance Editor said...

Hey, any triathlon is a challenge, right? A year has passed, there will be different people at the race--think of it as being all new! I'm sure you'll be awesome. Good luck!