Monday, July 5, 2010

Dear Omar

My dear husband is living the life every ex-liberal arts graduate dreams of... drinking beer in Prague while playing a week of Ultimate Frisbee. The wife, i.e. Me, is at home with the kids and workin' and getting lots of help from the fam. I have been in OKC for the past two weeks, only the first of which included my hubby. So, we are officially in the middle of the longest time we have ever spent apart.

The problem is that our communication is a little sketchy. So, you good people are going to have to bear with me while I use the blog as my main source of contacting him. Gotta love the Interweb.

Hi, my love. It's Tuesday night. I am trying to get all the 4 backpacks, lunches, bathing suits and sandals and such together tonight so I don't lose my mind tomorrow before work. The cabin was a blast. While Max and I had races running in the water from the edge of the dock back to the beach, Leo stood in the water (naked as a jaybird) just laughing his head off. He even started to try to race with us. This usually resulted in me losing because I had to stop and pluck his fallen-over self out of the water. The big three and I went around the lake in the speed boat for a long time this morning. Unfortunately that meant I ran of out gas shortly after the tubing began. I found that one paddle doesn't move a speed boat one solitary inch. The neighbors had to drag me back to shore.

Your dad was going to come out and get us (thankfully we were still in shouting distance of the dock), but the pontoon wouldn't start (big surprise). Never did get the thing to start for the entirety of our stay. And wouldn't you know it, the two kids stranded in the little tubing boat were Spencer and Alex. It was interesting.

I got two great swims in. I am ready for that Open Water part of the tri. We saw a bald eagle 3 seperate times. I wondered what I would do if one of the eagles thought I looked like a tasty morsel down on the water. The kids are all in bed and Spence even let me take out a splinter in his hand (with the promise of a quarter, the hand holding of big brother and the dancing of Cal all over the bathroom as comic distraction).

Oh, and Leo now says "Okey dokey!" which is pretty cute.

I love you and can't wait for you to be home.

No comments: