Thursday, July 15, 2010

Keeps ya guessin

Spencer is the cuddly kid. Max is the kid that feels most comfortable around his home and his people. Leo's in that phase where he cries whenever I leave him.

But Calvin has always been the one that is rock solid when it comes time to part ways. He used to run into his Pre-K class and never look back. I would have to seek him out in order to get a goodbye hug. When the whole family is snuggling in bed in the morning, he's the kid that's sitting on the curb in his PJ's because he would rather see the garbage truck than hug.

Thus, I am completely stymied by the fact that he is now heave-sobbing when I drop him off at summer camp. Like crying to the point I can still hear him when I am 200 yards away.

Huh?

I have tried to explore if there is something at camp that scares him, or someone who is being mean or nasty to him. His answer? "No mom. I just miss you."

And Max and Spencer are flitting off without a second glance in my direction.

Just when you think you have some things nailed down....

No comments: