Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What?!?!

My teeth are my Super Power.

I have perfect teeth.

I have never had braces and they are all perfectly straight. I have never had a filling. I never floss, I brush once a day and ~10 years ago the dental hygienist I saw (after ~3 years of not seeing a dentist) told me I need not even return for 2 more years because she couldn't believe how good my teeth looked.

So, today was the day for my now-annual teeth cleaning. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they say to go every 6 months, but that is just what the Medical Establishment says to get all my hard earned money (earned from the Medical Establishment...).

They said I need 3 fillings.

WHAT!!?!?!? I don't DO fillings. Did you miss the fact that my teeth are perfect?? What are you doing bringing your dental Kryptonite into my lovely day off? And the dentist just said it all with such casual, matter-of-factness. "It will take an hour. Just set up the appointment on your way out...."

I am speechless. What the hell happened? Why would my teeth betray me after 37 years of perfectly established benign neglect? Does this mean I'm getting old? You might as well start crafting the dentures now...

5 comments:

Christopher said...

I still have super teeth! (Well only one filling...but I'm old...)

Christopher said...

This is your brother by the way. I changed it so it doesn't use "Chris." Kinda weird.

Amy said...

So sorry darling. Maybe it was the water in OK? I, too, have perfect teeth. Except for the one small filling I got that one time. That turned into a root canal. That failed. That turned into an implant. But the fake tooth is doing fabulously.

erika said...

Same EXACT thing happened to me two years ago when I went back to the dentist after having not been there for few years. no cavities my entire life, then BAM! A bunch.

Whitney said...

2nd opinion?