Friday, March 12, 2010

Sweet mother of Abraham!

I did it!

I survived the 9 of 11 working days. It was extra grueling because it was almost all evenings during the week and then days during the weekends. I have today off and I already have a nap in the rear view mirror! (of course I also have Leo, who was sent home with a fever at noon.... good thing that nap was the FIRST THING on the To Do list).

Sweet LORD that feels nice.

I must say, if I hadn't considered that whole "cutting back my hours" thing until now, this last 11 days would have pushed the issue to the fore. Max came up to me this past weekend, all droopy-dog eyed, said nothing as he came up and hugged my waist. Then he pulled back and dropped the ol' "when are you NOT going to be going to work, mom?" bomb. That hurts....

I know this is basically what residency was like, and that lasted 3 years. I have become weak. But I just want to be home with my family more.

I can't wait to have them all get sick of me when I'm around all the time!

No comments: