Thursday, March 18, 2010

Brothers

Part of the daily routine is getting Leo packed into his backpack and getting a slick ride to the JCC on mom's back. But, with the snow melted and the sun shining, today was the first day Leo got to put on his big-boy legs and walk there all by himself. (Ok, not BY HIMSELF, but you get the idea).

Big brothers were there to make sure he did it right!

Also today, Omar and Max took off the the annual father/son ski trip. They returned to the scene of last year's crime, Big Sky Montana. Max, with his endless empathy, yet again made me want to squeeze him until his head pops off this morning. He came in at 6:30am to wake me before they headed out to the airport. He looked at me very seriously and said:

Mom. Don't let Leo cry because I'm not here.

or was it

Mom. Don't let Leo cry, because I'm not here.

You see, Max is the first in Leo's room every morning, the minute he hears a peep. He sloggs his lanky 7 year old body into the crib and plays with the baby he loves so much. Then he climbs out, lugs Leo over the rail, and brings him into our bed. So, I don't know if Max was telling me that it was MY turn to make sure someone tended to his brother since he wasn't going to be able to this morning, or if he was concerned Leo would cry because he was going to miss Max so much.

Either way, I just think that kid is such a good egg.

No comments: