Friday, July 3, 2009

Back in Minny

The annual journey to Oklahoma is done for yet another year. Like any good vacation, it seems to take an infinite amount of time to start, then it's gone in the blink of an eye. 

And since life has a sense of humor, the re-entry has been... entertaining? Or horrifying... you be the judge.

What are the chances 3 of 4 kids are pooping at the same time? Well, it has taken 9 months of Leo's life to do it, but I am proud to announce we can now strive for 4 of 4. Thankfully this was not a combo travel-horror-story. I was safely ensconced in the house (with Omar back at work) before this round of fun. I was dealing with Leo's little package of love (without any wipes other than the emergency 3 that live in a baggie in the back of the drawer, and those were pretty much dry) when I hear Calvin yelping "I went poopy in the pottttttttty!" I yelp back that he will just have to cool his jets for a minute until I can get to him.

As I am completing the 2nd half of this little foray to poopy-land, I make a comment to Cal that it was weird that he and his brother were doing this little trick at the same time. Then Spence, who is standing next to me in the bathroom, says "Me too!"

Now, since he is standing there fully clothed, it makes one scratch her chin. 

"Really? Where did you go?" "In YOUR bathroom mommy! Come look!!" Since flushing is completely optional in the bathroom routine of my sons, the evidence remained. The evidence also remained in the need for a new pair of skivvies for one Spencer-roo. Wouldn't some wipes be nice in a situation like that...

Now, this alone was blog-able. But life is much more entertaining than that. About 15 minutes later, as I am yelling the proper rules of engagement for water fighting out the window to the banshees who are now in the yard, I realize Leo has escaped me. Where could he be...?

Yeah... Calvin hadn't flushed either...

I am fairly sure my tombstone will read: "And then it all spun out of control..."

2 comments:

spicydish said...

I sure hope I got there in time with the wipes for the next round of "togetherness".

Unknown said...

Did he eat it? Because that is about the only way that story could get any better...or worse.