Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Is it the 1950's and no one told me?

Given that New Years Eve was a Wednesday, the New Year's cabin gang of the last ~10 years decided we would all pretend that New Years was over the weekend and headed up on Friday for a longer getaway. 

Never losing an opportunity to get something accomplished, Omar stopped by the appliances store when he ran to town for some groceries. The cabin is on a septic system, and the 1970's clothes washer comes close to flooding the tank when we are up there with friends for any stretch of time. We are looking to get an HE system this summer, so he was doing some of the ground work. As he and Chris entered the store, they were approached by a man that, in my mind, is a good 250 pounds, bearded, wearing Carhart overalls and a flannel lined button down shirt. He greats them with something straight out of "Fargo." (What can you help you boys with, eh?)

Omar returned home chuckling that he can't wait for all the extra attention I am now going to be showering on him. I didn't get it. He shares with me that the salesman got his good-ol-boy on for the sales pitch. He actually tried to sell Omar on the high efficiency washer "because it will let your wife have much more time to spend on you."

I joke you not.

He has, clearly, never met me.

Somehow, I managed to pull myself away from the washboard, the baking of 12 loaves of bread, and the darning of Omar's socks to go sledding with the boys. Here are some of the shots from my awesome new camera (thanks hubby!)



1 comment:

Julie Coleman, Freelance Editor said...

Wow--I don't know if that guy was funny or scary! Looks like you had a great time at the cabin. And you got some fab shots with the new camera!