Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The mind of a 6 year old

As I am making dinner for the kids last night, I hear Spencer start to cry downstairs. He and Max are down there by themselves, and the crying is followed by "Sorry sorry sorry sorry" by Max.

I don't know whether he meant it, or heard me coming and hoped the litany of Sorry's would turn me around and force me back upstairs.

The conversation went something like this:

Me: What happened
Spence: Max hit me
Max: I didn't hit him... I hit him with a pillow
Me: Spencer, were you guys having a pillow fight?
Spence: Yah, but I told him to stop.
Max: He didn't tell me to stop.
Me: Spencer, did you tell Max to stop?
Spencer: YEAH!
Me: Max, your brother told you to stop. You need to listen to him.
Max: Well, he said stop, but he DIDN'T say to stop throwing pillows at his head.
Me: Max, what else do you possibly think he was talking about???

After this conversation, I don't know whether to start Max in Special Ed or Law school.

1 comment:

Julie Coleman, Freelance Editor said...

If the pillow hits, you must acquit!