Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mazel Tov to ME!

I gotta tell ya, as a non-jew, October is killin' me.

No, this is not rooted in some deep-seeded antisemitic emotions that I have kept hidden from my good lefty, Carleton roots. As the mother of 2 three-year-olds that attend the Jewish Community Center for daycare, once you add up Yom Kippur, Rosh Hashana, Sukot, and the most recent holiday I can't begin to spell or pronounce, I am thrilled the high holidays are done.

The boys have been home 2 days of each week for the last 4. Now, one could argue that it shouldn't be strange to actually take care of my own offspring, but add the newborn and the fact Max was off from school all last week.... ooof. I awoke this morning with a wonderful feeling of having survived a long storm.
So, what did I do?

Photos of the rest of my head will follow. Right now, it's blissfully just little Leo and I at home, and he hasn't figured out how to push the button on the camera yet....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

more photos, more photos, more photos

Julie Coleman, Freelance Editor said...

WOW!!! I can't wait to see a photo of short-haired you.

Now that the holidays are over, we should try to get together for lunch again sometime soon!