Tuesday, September 4, 2012

And it begins again...

With a heavy sigh, we have started school again.

Many parents I know sang the ol' "Can't WAIT for school to start" refrain in the last few weeks. And I am usually right there with 'em, awaiting the calm that a regular schedule brings. There is only one problem - I LOVED summer this year. We have had such a great run of camps, guests, cabin time, laughs and general silliness that the idea of school, homework, over-scheduled sports and weekends just makes me cry a little tear.

It is still sunny and warm out.... can't we wait just a little bit longer? One more barbeque? One more cabin weekend with tubing? One more night of staying up too late?

No, no we cannot. So this is our traditional photo, taken on our neighbors stoop with 2 of their girls. Leo thinks he is going to school, but that is still another TWO years from now. Poor little dude...

And I am off to work. First day of folders, paperwork galore and homework will fall on my parents and my husband.

Let it begin.


No comments: