Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Obstinance

I could teach a class on Stubborn. Just ask my brother. He spent 16 years living with me. Then go ask my husband. He's working on year number 11... (though I DO think I have improved with time. I actually can speak the words "I'm sorry, I was wrong" now. I don't think my brother EVER heard those words).

So, can it really come as a surprise when I have a kid who throws Stubborn back at me. OOooooohh, I wanted to box Calvin's ears this morning when I got another 2-hour tour of No.

"Calvin, your iPad time is over." --- "Let me just finish this one thing..."
"Calvin, time to get dressed." --- "But I don't want to get dressed."
"Calvin, let's eat at the big table with Leo." --- No.
"Calvin, can you help your little brother with that." --- "But mom, I'm busy."

He's got his own agenda and schedule, and I am REALLY crimpin' his style with all my unreasonable requests... You know, like putting on underwear.

If this if 5yrs old, what is 15 going to look like??

No comments: