Monday, September 20, 2010

Picture Day

Now that I have 3 kids in school, there is a lot of paper and general c-rap that has to be dealt with on a daily basis. One of those things, of late, is Picture Day forms. I am usually found staring at the 430,234 different permutations of wallet, 3x5, 5x7, 8x10 and class photos with a glassy-eyed look wondering if just wanting one solitary copy of these silly pictures makes me a bad mother.

Tonight was the night to get this done. And I was completely stoked to see that there was an online option for ordering. If I can accomplish something without having to pick up pen and paper, the chances of getting done will skyrocket. When you add to this that those papers then have to make it into 3 backpacks and arrive at the right place by the right day....? Sketchy at best. I know, this doesn't get me any closer to Mother of the Year, but that's the reality of life in the Ansari house...

So, I finished with the online form. I was feeling all smug that I could cross that little ditty off my To Do list. Then the final screen pops up.

"Print this Photo Voucher. YOUR CHILD MUST HAVE THIS PIECE OF PAPER ON PICTURE DAY to have pictures taken."

Really? See, cause, I did this whole online thing to avoid that! Don't you now have record (not to mention my credit card number) to assure this could be paperless? What is the point of online ordering if you still have to return a form with the kid?

Sheeesh....

No comments: