Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cut bait

Ok, I keep not posting because I feel like there is SOOOOO much I have to catch up on. This is exactly the kind of mentality that caused my last diary entry to be in 1988. It's been a busy 22 years, so it's tough get the schedule clear enough for that monster entry.

So, in an effort to not ice this blog until 2032, here's the Cliff note version to allow me to just hit the reset button:

1) The McClusky and Nicholas brigade returned for the now-annual end o' summer frolic in Lone Lake. It rocked. I love these guys. There are too many pictures to post. But these give you the general idea:



2) My 2 five-year-old's started Kindergarten. And though I was living in fear that there could be some grade-A, last-minute cold feet, the monumental melt-down that was lurking in my mind never came to pass. I didn't have to push either of their tear soaked, boneless bodies onto the bus with a sheepish smile and thumbs-up to the driver. They hopped happily on board so fast the only picture I got was of the back of their heads. Good thing, since I have lost those photos in my temporary idiocy of over-jamming my hard drive and loosing data before having someone rip my lap top open to install 650GB of memory. Well played, I know... I'm sure not having pictures of the first day of kindergarten for 50% of my kids will NEVER come back to haunt me in some future family therapy session...

3) My folks hit the cabin with us for Labor Day, and this was 2 days after my mom had somewhat surprise laproscopic knee surgery. Way to be a trooper Mom!



3) I have started yoga. This has reminded me that the days of cheerleading limberness are FAR behind me. No pictures of that, thank god...

4) Leo turned 2!! What a fantastically little joy that boy is in our lives. Unfortunately the Vikings weren't kind enough to give Leo on win for his birthday.


Ok. DONE! I am caught up. Now I can return to the day to day nonsense that makes this life fun. Like Spencer announcing yesterday "I didn't close the door when I went inside because my poopy was already coming out, but it DIDN'T get on my clothes! (huge proud grin)." Now THAT's the stuff that makes this baby sing!

1 comment:

Julie Coleman, Freelance Editor said...

Looks like you've had lots of end-of-summer awesomeness! I was thinking about the twins starting school--glad to hear it went smoothly. Looking forward to catching up in person soon!