Sunday, March 15, 2009

Packing

I knew this was going to happen...

We are leaving on a jet plane Friday morning for Florida! Yippee! As one of my co-workers puts it, we are taking "a trip." "A vacation" is something we used to take. Something, I hear, we will take again in about 4 years. But, since this is as close to relaxation as I am going to get, I am still very excited.

The problem. I work basically every day leading up to the 7:20am departure on Friday. (I do have a day off, but it's after I work until 3am the night before, so a good portion of that day will be spent sleeping). I had days off last week, but it seemed ridiculous to pack 10 days ahead of time. I knew I would get to Sunday, look grimly ahead to the upcoming week, then ask myself "When, oh when, am I going to accomplish all that needs to happen before we leave?"

Between the 4 car seats, a baby Bjorn, 4 sets of summer clothes (which are SOOO readily available here in 26 degree Minnesota.... did I mention our house is on the market), buying new crocs, finding my sunglasses, figuring out how we are actually going to GET to the airport, getting our dog to a friend's house, organizing entertainment for 3 children on a plane, and leaving this place in pristine condition to allow showings in our absence... oh, sweet lord.

So, wish me luck. I hope the relaxation of next week is hard core, because I am going to need it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm...two outfits for each kid (Leo gets more just in case he poops on himself), plus a swim suit and no toys on the plane.

Just drink, the flight will be over soon enough and vacation will have started.

spicydish said...

I was thinking of your flight with the kids and put three coloring books and three small crayon boxes in an envelope and sent to you. If you can keep them away from the boys long enough, you could take them along on the trip.
See you next week (I'll look for the family with all the naked boys)

Jules said...

It's a good thing you're going on vacation--you're going to need it after getting ready to go on vacation! I hope you guys have a fun and wonderful trip. Say hello to Christopher, Pam, Kieran, Chelsea, Roger, and Carol!