Thursday, February 19, 2009

Vacation

I would say that Omar and I are really about 96% compatible in this life. We have similar general takes on life, on what is the 'small' stuff and the 'big' stuff. We love the same foods and miraculously parent the same (something that was never discussed before we stood at the alter of Lone Lake accepting each other for better and for worse).

But, his idea of a vacation, well... it's just so boy. I know, I know, I had better get used to that... but what is so wrong with sitting around doing nothing for a week. Why can't sun, sand and Pina Coladas be an acceptable way to pass the time? His response - "I want to DO something..." My suggestion of snorkling has fallen on deaf ears. This is why we haven't been south of the border since I kidnapped him for a 36hour trip to Cancun in the days before Max could walk.

So, what does he want to do? What HAVE we spent our vacation time doing? Skiing. Now, I love skiiing... I do. I learned when I was 4 and have never felt any fear out there. I rather prefer to just aim the skis straight down and see how quickly I can get to the bottom. Swerving side to side is for woosies. But, here's the problem. Skiing is COLD. I don't know if Omar has noticed or not, but we've got enough COLD in our lives. To vacation from Minnesota in February to Montana... well that just seem stupid.

Thus, Omar has solved our little problem. Omar is going skiing. Max is going skiing. They leave for Montana today without me. I will be home with all the non-skiing boys for the next 5 days.

I guess that's what I get for saying I don't want to go....

1 comment:

Julie Coleman, Freelance Editor said...

Yeah, a snowy vacation from Minnesota in the middle of the winter??? I'm with you on this one. Does this mean you get to fly off to the Bahamas with the girls at some point? ;-)