Sunday, February 22, 2009

I LOVE it when that happens

I am quite terrible at RSVP'ing to the birthday parties that our kids are invited to. This is true despite the fact that I was terribly hacked off at the people who hadn't called when *I* was planning a party. But the fact that most of these invitations are placed in the kids mailboxes at daycare does not help. That is probably my lease organized time of the day. Between toting a baby through the snow, taming Max from running all around to talk to his old teachers and trying to get two 3 year olds to put on their coats, mittens and hats as well as collect lunch boxes, the mailbox contents are really low on my totem poll.

So, when I got the email this week saying "Hey, let me know if you are coming to Jayden's party Sunday (that I invited your children to 3 weeks ago but you have been too lame to reply)," I responded quickly that Yes, in fact, we would be very happy to join, if we were still invited. It also seemed great timing, given that we had an open house from 1-3pm, and the party was 2:15-4:15. My mom and I got everyone packed into the car ~12:30, went to grab some lunch (wouldn't want to dirty the kitchen), then hit Target for gifts and headed out to nowheresville Plymouth to Pump-it-up. It was totally worth the no-nap day to get the physical activity of 2 giant rooms of inflatable slides and bouncy rooms.

Why, oh why don't I recognize any of the children waiting at the front of the lobby? "We are here for Jayden's party....?" "Who?"

Yeah.... it's NEXT Sunday. Who sends out the "are you coming to the party?" email TWO weeks ahead of time?? Who does that?? 

It's been really fun having the boys back at the house with no naps and no physical activity. I think my mom's in the other room seeing if she can fly standby out of here.

1 comment:

CaptainT said...

You are working on a book, right? I think it would sell.