Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What have we done!



Uhm... remember that post about not getting that house.

Well, we got that house.

Holy Crap! What have we done! Now I have to sell this house! Now I have to find a home for the 1839482 pieces of junk that lurk in the corners, beneath the table and in the kids pockets. I have to clean that red spot on the door that is actually a spaghetti sauce stain from 3 weeks ago when I fell down the stairs with dinner and a baby in hand (we all survived...). There is painting, cleaning, organizing, windexing... We will have to buy a new ceiling fan to replace the one that had the glass shattered during a pillow fight 3 years ago, a new bathroom door for the one that got wet long ago and is a bit rotted, a new closet door to replace the one we are going to keep forever with all the tick marks of the kids heights.... Shall I go on?

I also hear showing a home with 4 kids and a dog is really easy and fun...

The good news? I am SOOOOOOOOooooooo excited!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! I will so miss you right next door, but you seriously can't get rid of us that easily just being down the way.

We are so happy for you.

CaptainT said...

Wow, Oksana will be SO jealous. And I will NOT. Congratulations!

Jules said...

WOW!!! That's great that you got the house! When do you close? I think that subconsciously you were thinking, "With the holidays over, things are going to be too quiet and easy around here...." So what better way to liven things up than to put your house on the market! :-)

yobruno said...

is this going to interfere with our attempt to get together some time in 2009? speaking of which, mark couldn't make any sense of the schedule you sent him--not sure if he emailed you back to say so. happy happy 2009!