Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Little Leo

Ok, so you may have wondered what is up with Leo. I haven't really posted much about him, there haven't been that many photos....

Why so mum?

Dude, I feel guilty! This kid is THE EASIEST baby ever born. He is happy pretty much all of the time. He did his first 8-hour 'through the night' stretch at ~ 3 weeks old, and he has been sleeping from ~11:30pm until 7am for the past week. He smiles, he laughs, he let me take a 2 hour nap today.

I feel like this information is too incendiary to print! I know at least 3 women with babies older than mine who read this blog... please don't come after me with a butcher's knife. But I have decided that Leo's ego would be best served in the upcoming years if I put at least one blog post documenting his existence in our lives!
So, here's to you little Leo. You are just a fabulous little guy with an awesome smile, a sweet demeanor, and a chill vibe. And you know what, you are going to need it in this house of insanity.

1 comment:

baker said...

So, I am one of those three women you speak of and I have to comment about Leo's propensity for sleep and mellowness... such things that we all strive for in a child. Is it nature or nuture you ask? Well, speaking from personal experience..I think you put a little baby in the presence of two totally mellow parents and presto you have a chill little guy. My adorable little Oliver, perhaps not so chill. Why you ask....it might be more that coincidence that he has an Italian mother. Now, Italian mothers...they are known to give Jewish mothers a run for their money. Why is Oliver not sleeping though the night and letting his mom nap?...perhaps he finds it less soothing that his mother hovers over his crib on a regular basis and fears that he may be starving when he only eats half of his bottle? I think nuture is winning out here folks and Leo has his parents to thank for his sunny disposition. Oliver is hoping that his mom spends more time around Leo's mom and takes a lesson or two :)