Saturday, August 30, 2008

What do you say??!? - Part two (payback)

Ok, if you aren't a parent, feel free to not read this, given that it will only make you think even more firmly that those who have children are obscessed with poo. The reality is that the KIDS are obscessed with it, and it is impossible to not have multiple stories that inevitably involve the bathroom. It is also the kind of story that will make my husband wonder why he ever married someone willing to post something like this on a blog.

I refer you to my earlier post of the same name for one example. This is what I get for laughing at the unfortunate conditions of others...

Yesterday, I took all 3 kids to the zoo at 38 1/2 weeks pregnant, thinking it would have to induce labor, right? Well, after a cup of coffee and a lot of walking, it only induced much more mundane biological needs. Max is old enough that I could leave him on a playground outside the bathroom, but the twins had to be dragged into the bathroom with me. And I don't mean just the bathroom itself. They need to be in the stall with me. Imagine a postage stamp sized stall with 2 three year olds and a very pregnant woman. This is the ensuing conversation that takes place in a bathroom filled with people:

Calvin: Ooh, you went poopy! GOOD JOB MOMMY!
Me: Thank you Calvin....
Spencer: EeeeeeW! Mommy, dat's stinky!
Calvin: Yeah, that's stinky.
Spencer: I wanna flush it.
Calvin: No I wanna flush it.
flooosh
Calvin: It's still there.
Spencer: I wanna flush it again.
Me: Boys, please turn around, let's go..... (shielding my face like Michael Jackson's kids as we walk out).