Friday, August 22, 2008

Pregnancy psychosis

Ah, the morning breeze this morning has just a bit of a cool bite to it. I have started to see a few leaves here and there look a bit yellower than they were last week. I have my list of things Max will need to start kindergarten in 13 days... In other words, fall (a.k.a the season of delivery for this child) is a-comin.

Let the psychosis begin.

It is officially Omar's least favorite part of pregnancy. The "I know I am only 37weeks, but that means 'term,' so I really COULD go any day now!" stage. Now, let's recap. Max - 4 days overdue. Twins ("Oh, twins always go early!") - evicted at 38 weeks with not even the teeny-tiniest sign of labor impending. Combined weight on that one? 13 1/2 pounds.

So, why would I possibly think this kid is going to show up any time soon? Because pregnany women go officially insane from 37 weeks until the baby is born. Granted, this could go on for a full 4 weeks. I am trying to temper it, since next week's schedule includes zero daycare (JCC closed for the week), Omar leaving town for 24 hours for a beer gig in Chicago, and a grandma who is going to be hard pressed to leave Oklahoma on short notice.

And yet, I can't turn it off. Any little twinge and I am instantly wondering "Is today THE day!?!?" with a little smile on my face. My non-hormonally imbalanced husband can just sit and shake his head....

2 comments:

Julie Coleman, Freelance Editor said...

Did I mention that my mom was due with me on September 8, and I wasn't born until October 7? Perhaps best that I don't mention that.... You really could give birth any day now! :-)

Amy said...

Not that I'm that into astrology, but as long as we are being psychotic... baby #4 looks to be on track to be a Virgo, which as I found out in wikipedia (http://tinyurl.com/5hltbr), is the only female astrological sign. An omen, perhaps?