Thursday, October 27, 2011

Don't encourage him

I admit it, I kinda like having a small celebrity for a husband. It's fun when people say "You are married to OMAR?!?!?" when it turns out they are big Surly fans. There is a sense of pride that he is MY man.

But now things have gone too far.

I was getting a cup of coffee the other day, wearing my Surly hat, when the gal ringing me up says "Is that a Surly hat?" Yes, yes it is. That's why it says "Surly" on it...

She then proceeds to ask about whether I went to Darkness Day or not, and how her boyfriend was there, and how he is such a big fan. I said "No, I wasn't able to make it to Darkness Day this year because I was working. But I have been in the past. My husband is actually the founder of Surly."

"REALLY?! Oh, my boyfriend is going to freak out that I met you! Omar's your husband? And he is a doctor, too, right?"

No.

No he is not.

That is me.

I am the doctor.

This is truly getting out of hand....

2 comments:

dr. ansari said...

The legend grows! Did I ever tell you I thought about being a college professor in philosophy? Gimme a doctorate to go with that Dr., and call me esquire. Did I mention I have a patent? 5,648,783.

Amy said...

I was talking with a TFA grad student who went to Macalester and asked if he had ever tried Surley and he got a big grin and talked about how he drives it back to Baltimore when he returns from a visit. Any East Coast expansion any time soon?