Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Laundry math

So, as I stared at the mountain of laundry that was awaiting me today, I started wondering "How much laundry is there, really?"

Let's do the daily and weekly totals:

Socks: 12 (add 4 more given Omar and I are both working out daily) *7 = 112
Pants: 6 (plus 2 running shorts) *7 = 56
Shirts: 6 (plus 2) *7 = 56
Underwear: 6 *7 = 42
PJ bottoms: 4.2 (Omar and I don't need new PJ's daily...) *7 = 29.4
Assorted sweatshirts/jackets = 4 a week
Towels = 6 a week

Estimated number of items I wash, dry, fold and put away each week (barring any soccer games, spills, accidents or kids who just wanna put on a new outfit for no particularly good reason)?

305.4

1 comment:

Julie Coleman, Freelance Editor said...

And don't forget bedding! How do you have time for anything other than laundry? Holy crap.