Tuesday, February 16, 2010

And... I'm back

Long hiatus there! One trip to Cabo in the rear view mirror, and now we are back to life as we know it! Since the photos of us in Mexico usually bring comments that we look naked (and I can't say they were compliments), I will save those for another day.... Needless to say, it was divine to walk around in shorts and have to remember sunscreen every day. Three night away felt like 3 weeks.

But now, it's reality time again. Having trashed the house yesterday with everyone home for President's day, it was time to get some things in order (though I am THRILLED to announce that the boys cleaned their room, the toy room and the basement yesterday! I didn't even have to stand there and point at each item on the floor and say "and this one... and this one... and this one").

There I am, doing laundry, when I start laughing out loud. The humor of this upcoming photo needs a little history. I have taken over the annual tradition of cooking grandma Sheldon's famous Pecan Rolls at Christmas time. And this year I actually remembered to buy the right amount of yeast packets (Mary, had you realized I hadn't bummed any off you this year?). Still forgot the shortening... but anyway. I was well into the recipe on Christmas Eve when I realized I had NO idea where my rolling pin was. Search as I might, it was just plain gone. Why would a rolling pin be anywhere other than the kitchen? Well, there was no answer to that, so I discoved that a Nalgene bottle works really well in a pinch. Never did find that thing...

until today...


Why, oh sweet mother of all that is holy, is the rolling pin next to the dryer? One of many great mysteries I am sure this house holds... only some of which I will be lucky enough to discover with time...

No comments: