Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas to you!

Nothing says "welcome to your holiday vacation week" like a good case of vomiting and diarrhea.

Monday was the day I had to buy food for the 12 people who are in my house this week, finish buying some gifts, clean a bit, care for the one boy that is out of school, and pick up my family at the airport. Instead, I found myself unable to stand long enough to even cook Max lunch, directing him instead to eat as much sugary cereal as he could put his own hands on.

I managed to rally long enough to stand upright to greet my family (after Omar cut his workday short to go get them in my place). Each day since, I have awoken, willing myself to be done with this nonsense. And though I have yet to lose my cookies, I still feel like I've been unplugged. I flopped into bed last night hugging my pillow for dear life. I am currently hoping I can actually hit the mall today for one last flurry of shopping before the reported storm-o-the-century hits.

All I want for Christmas is my equilibrium....

1 comment:

Julie Coleman, Freelance Editor said...

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick, especially over Christmas! I hope you feel better soon and can enjoy the next few days with family. And, hopefully, with me and Tomkin on the 27th! Big holiday hugs to you all.